Click Here for My Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

When Did this Happen?!

For the past week or so I’ve been working with some friends to plan our 10 year high school reunion.  It has been a blast coming up with ideas and I know more fun is to come, but… and I mean a big butt, when did I get old enough to be planning a high school reunion!!!!??? It seems like just yesterday that I walked across the stage and graduated, but in the same sense, it seems like millions of years ago.
I don’t feel like I’ve changed that much, but is that necessarily a good thing!? I mean when I was 18 (well I was actually 17 when I graduated) and I thought about what the next 10 years held, am I where I thought I’d be? No! I was going to be famous! I was going to be thin! I was going to have everything and then some! Well here I am, 10 years later and guess what…I have none of that!
Ok, so don’t think I’m saying all of this to sound bitter or depressed…I’m not!! It’s just funny how so many things can change in 10 years.  I wanted to be famous.  Really? Why? What was the point? So everyone would know who I am and what I do?  I mean I love me some Kardashians, but I do not want their life!!! I love the fact that I can take out the trash, with no bra, no make up, and no shame and no cameras catch me! I love the fact that I can gain a little weight here and there and it’s not plastered all over the cover of People! I love the fact that I had some serious relationship fumbles along the way and nobody had to know except for me!!! So I’m ok with not being famous!
I wanted to be thin…ok, don’t judge me! Who doesn’t want to be thin?! Oh wait, that’s right, you, you thin pretty girl who ate 3 baby carrots for lunch and feels full! Give me a break!!! 3 baby carrots just ticks me off! (I know there is some Taylor Swift song stuck in there somewhere!) So yes, after 10 years I still want to be thin, but I’m ok that I am full figured: there’s more to go around!! ;)
Lastly I was going to have it all!!! How simple it seems, especially to a 17 year old.  Having it all at 17 is not what having it all is at 27.  The younger me would say a nice car, a huge house, handsome husband that is a millionaire, and people bowing down at my feet.  The old me, the me that is now, would laugh in this girls face! What does it mean to have it all now!? Well….a handsome, wonderful husband that loves me no matter what, a house that is full of laughter, a car that gets me to my job, a job that is fulfilling and that helps others, and a heart that bows down before my God. So yes, I do have it all…just not the way I thought I would. 
10 years have flown by.  I am still that silly girl who talks too much and has a big group of friends. I have set goals and actually achieved them! But, I am not the same person I was, and those changes are subtle. So I’m happy with subtle, because that is something that I was never good at being!
Congratulations to all of the graduates this season and congrats to the BHS class of 2002…we did it, what ever that may be! 
  Take a walk down memory lane with me....these were from my annual, sorry!



BHS Class of 2002
 

My composite picture


No comments:

Post a Comment