Click Here for My Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm Gonna Knock your Socks Off!!!

Ok get ready. I am about to knock your socks off!!! Each year for Mother's Day I try to make a dessert that is tasty but also beautiful.  However, if you will remember from this post: http://ramblingsofrealcraziness.blogspot.com/2012/05/mothers-day.html my cake looked like a baby shower cake.

So....I decided to do simple this year. I found this recipe on Pinterest and unlike some recipes on there, this does not disappoint! It is phenomenal, easy to make, and again, will knock your socks off! Here it is:

First, gather all of your supplies
  • Box of Chocolate Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Chocolate Fudge)
  • Can of Eagle Brand
  • Jar of Caramel topping
  • Heath Bar topping (I used the Bits 'O Brickle, but you can use the mix with chocolate in it too)
  • 2 small tubs of Cool Whip (not pictured and the recipe called for 1 tub, but I LOVE Cool Whip!)
1. Bake your cake as directed on the box (you will obviously need the egg, water, and oil called for on the back of the box too)
2. Let it cool for about 10 minutes
3. Poke holes in the cake with a wooden spoon handle
4. Open your can of Eagle Brand and pour it on the cake. I really enjoy doing this part because you can take your time and make sure some of the ooey gooey goodness gets into every hole you poked!

5. Let this sit and soak for about 5-10 minutes.
6. Pour the jar of Caramel on top of the Eagle Brand goodness. Again, I like doing this slow because I want some caramel in every bite.
7. By this time your cake should be cooled enough to "frost" with Cool Whip. Here's a helpful tip...make sure your Cool Whip has thawed and is at room temperature. It will not spread if it is hard...don't even try.

8. Add your topping. In the picture below, I forgot to take a picture of the final project, so this is the half eaten version of a final project.


There you go...an easy and FABULOUS dessert.  I will add this: I made my dessert the night before and put the Cool Whip on, but didn't put the topping. Then before I served it, I added more Cool Whip and the Heath topping.

As well as this dessert, my family got together to celebrate on Sunday, here are some pictures from our Happy Mother's Day.....


 




I have the absolute BEST family in the world!!!!!!!! I am so thankful for my "other" family in West Point (my husband's family), even though I don't have any pictures of them, we had a Fantastic time Friday night! I sit here and realize how blessed I am to be surrounded by such amazing women. I was raised by wonderful women that taught me and molded me into who I am today. Thank you to every "mother" that I have had. I love you all with a whole heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment