Click Here for My Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

I'm a Little Crazy

So it's only been a month since I wrote a blog... Let me toot on my own horn! With everything that has been going on, I'm pretty happy about this little accomplishment. My title for today is "I'm a Little Crazy", and I would like to explain why.

Since the last time I updated everyone I. Ads the announcement that we were moving, well we are but the process has not been what I planned. I thought that we would put our adorable house on the market and 2 days later sell it. I mean it is a good price! But alas we have not. Granted it has only been on the market for a month, but as stated above, I'm a little crazy! You might say, "Emily, you're not crazy this is normal." Before you make this declaration let me continue...I have all of these worries and questions, why doesn't anyone want to buy our house, when will we sell it, what if we don't sell it, where will we go if we do sell it, what if we don't find a house, what house will we buy, where will we put our stuff, will we live with my parents forever, what if my parents get tired if us, what if we hate living here, what if I go crazy before we move!?????? See I told you I was crazy! I know that it will all work out, I just need to trust in God to provide. But, that doesn't stop me from obsessing!

So instead of focusing all of my energy on the move, I put some of that crazy into a shower for my friend Cindy. I was on of the co-hostesses for this awesome shower. I decided that we would do Mad Libs and play a game based on the bride and grooms answers to some questions. I have to say they turned out so cute! The mad Libs are below and if you want a word copy of your own or a PDF of this, I'd be happy to share. I think in another lifetime I was a graphic artist. I don't want to offend any of my friends who are really graphic designers by my lack of training or true lack of talent, but I love making documents and cute invites!


 
 We also had great food! Elizabeth made this pasta salad that was to die for!! It was also so pretty. I made these sugar cookie cheesecake bars that were ridiculously good if I do say so myself.
The recipe is here: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cookies/cheesecake-sugar-cookie-bars-by-freda.html#.T41l94LA0xJ.pinterest

Let me warn you though...you HAVE to let the cream cheese get to room temperature before you make these. If not you will be disappointed like I was. The taste doesn't change but the look does. Also don't expect to pull these out of the fridge, cut them, and think they will look like the picture...not gonna happen. But what does happen is fireworks in your mouth!! I mean slap yo momma good! I'll admit that I went a little cray cray when I cut them and only half of the batch looked decent. But everyone ate them anyway and raved!

Here are some pics of the fun shower! Also, next weekend is the bachelorette party so get excited to hear about that..well some of it because I don't think I can censor everyone!
This is before all the food was plated, but look closely at the cheescake bars...not like the picture!

Doing a Mad Lib

She got all of the good pictures...plus she looked REALLY cute!

The Bride and Sloane
 I have to also share one really new thing that I'm adding to Emzy's Whimsies bow business...flower headbands/clips. What do you think?!



No comments:

Post a Comment