Click Here for My Pages

Monday, April 10, 2017

Basketball Overload

I am so glad it's April! March madness has been going on for it seems like 17 months now, and the TV has been turned into every basketball game ever played by any team ever.  With the exception of the Mississippi State games I despise March madness. My father on the other hand loves a good basketball game.


As he walked into my house the other day, he could not stop talking about the amazing game he had watched the night before. It was a match up between Duke and Kentucky, with Duke winning by 1 point in overtime. It was a buzzer beater!! My dad detailed the game, he was so thrilled to have watched this amazing match up. Funny thing...he had already seen it-in 1992! My husband picked up on the fact that he was detailing a game that happened when we were kids and told dad that it was an old game. Dad couldn't believe it, it was just on TV!

I don't know if you know this, but there is an ESPN classics channel and it anytime in the day you can turn this on and watch a game that was played at some point in the past. These games are chosen because they're really good games with dramatic plays and edge of the seat excitement. This basketball game was ranked as the top game of the century. It had been playing over and over for weeks.

Moral of the story...men never grow out of ball games and they don't pay attention. If I had flipped the channel on and seen a guy wearing shorty shorts playing basketball, I would have known it was an old game. But men, they don't notice these things, obviously. So ladies, when you significant other doesn't notice that you just cut 12 inches off of your hair or that you lost 40 pounds-don't worry, some don't know they are watching a 25 year old basketball game!

Have a great day and remember to laugh! It makes life so much more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment